From: Herbert Poetzl (herbert_at_13thfloor.at)
Date: Tue 13 Jan 2004 - 17:31:55 GMT

On Tue, Jan 13, 2004 at 06:20:57PM +0100, Sebastian Schaefer wrote:
> --On Dienstag, 13. Januar 2004 17:20 +0100 Herbert Poetzl
> <herbert_at_13thfloor.at> wrote:
> >>but now when i mount my vserver partition with the option tagctx and try
> >>to start a vserver i get bash: /dev/null permission denied...
> >>
> [..]
> >apply and build the e2fsprogs, this will give you
> >two new tools lsctx and chctx, which should
> >allow you to verify the xid (context number) of
> >the /dev/null in question ...
>
> ok... i changed the context number of the vserver yesterday... and
> /dev/null had the old one...

ahh okay, so no bug ,)

> how does the chctx command work? chctx 10 ./null ? this doesn't work...
> i had to delete the file and recreate it... and now it it works....

both tools are equiv. to chattr and lsattr, but it
might be, that they too fail on special device nodes
and/or fifos (never tried), hopefully they will be
replaced by something much better/smarter soon ...

> >this might be a bug, q0.12 isn't tested with
> >vs1.23 (I'm surprised it applied without rejects)
>
> there was just one reject in the capability.h file...
> #define CAP_CONTEXT 30

yeah, that should be fine ...

> >>ps: do o have to run the cqdlim command after every reboot to set a per
> >>context quota?
> >
> >yes, you have, but it's not called context quota,
> >it's called per context disk limits, context quota
> >is user/group quota 'within' a context ...
>
> ok... how do you count the current space used by a vserver?
> or which is the best method using the cqdlim command?

currently 'du -skx <path>' and 'find <path> | wc -l'
are probably the quickest hacks to get those values

but you could save the 'current' value at vserver
shutdown and use that on startup ... only counting
when it didn't shutdown cleanly ...

again, hopefully, the cqdlim tool will be integrated
and improved soon ...